Pace bowling remains a concern for Pak skipper Hafeez
Pallekele: Despite making the Super Eights of the ICC World Twenty20 with a clinical win over Bangladesh, Pakistan skipper Mohammad Hafeez conceded that there is still room for improvement in the pace bowling department.
"Our bowlers tried well against Bangladesh but there is bit of a concern about the fast bowlers. We need to get it right (before the Super Eights)," Hafeez said at the post-match presentation ceremony.
Needing a win to advance to the next round, Pakistan rode on Imran Nazir`s 36-ball 72 and his record 124-run opening stand with Hafeez to chase the challenging 176-run target in their final group league encounter and advance to the Super Eights of the tournament, on Tuesday.
Hafeez hailed the team effort and lavished praise on Nazir for his whirlwind knock.
"It`s a great team effort. The boys have shown the right attitude so far in this tournament. Nazir`s approach towards the target was brilliant. He was exceptional today. Nazir and Naseer Jamshed are playing well at the top. It`s a total team effort and we will play positive cricket in the matches ahead," Hafeez said.
"I am very happy as a captain and the team is responding to me," he added.
Bangladesh skipper Mushfiqur Rahim said the team took a lot of positives from the game.
"We can take some positives out of this and go home and work on a few things. We improved a lot as a team. We`re not used to playing on these wickets. It`s a new experience for us," he said.
Rahim singled out Shakib for special praise who hit a brilliant 54-ball 84.
"Shakib played really well. He was exceptional today and gave us a real chance," the skipper added.
Man-of-the-match, Imran Nazir said today`s innings will instill confidence in him ahead of the Super Eights.
"I would like to thank all my teammates for showing confidence in me. This knock has boosted my confidence and I am confident of playing such good innings in the matches to come."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!