Pak cricketers must banish ``mental fragility`` demons: Misbah
Karachi: Pakistan’s Test and ODI captain, Misbah-ul-Haq, is confident of Pakistan’s prospects at the upcoming World Twenty20 championship in Sri Lanka and believes that his teammates have all the bases covered, but need to overcome only one major battle- the one in the head.
"In cricket, we need to learn from any situation, as we have quality players in batting and bowling. It is all in the mind and nothing else," The Dawn quoted Misbah, as saying.
Misbah, who is no longer part of the national T20 squad, encouraged his teammates to do well in the upcoming championship despite a heavy loss against Australia in the final Twenty20 match in UAE.
Although Pakistan won the T20 series 2-1, their loss to Australia in the dead rubber in Dubai was their biggest yet.
Misbah, however, urged the Pakistan players to learn from their mistakes in the Australia series and also threw his weight behind T20 skipper Mohammad Hafeez.
"One thing should be clear that the captain alone is not responsible for a defeat or victory. One individual’s bad performance or mistake should not be singled out, the entire team must be focused upon," he said.
Pakistan will open their Group D campaign on September 23, when they meet New Zealand at Pallekele. The third team in their group is Bangladesh. Before that, they will face India in a high profile warm-up match in Colombo on September 17.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state