Pakistan team gets backing of PCB chairman
Lahore: PCB Chairman Zaka Ashraf today backed the Pakistan cricket team, which lost in the semifinals of the World Twenty20 in Sri Lanka, saying the players performance was satisfactory.
Ashraf, who returned home after attending the World T20 matches and ICC meetings, told reporters that the team had done well to reach the semi-finals.
"If you look at the team`s performance, you must remember that other strong teams like South Africa, India, England didn`t qualify for the semi finals," he said.
"Our team I thought performed satisfactorily and one has to keep in mind the pitch used for the semi-final against Sri Lanka was also not a good one," he added.
He pointed out that even the ICC had criticized the pitch and taken note of it.
"When the ICC has also spoken out against the pitch what more can we say now," he said.
Apparently referring to media reports that he had told the coach and captain to give opener Imran Nazir a full run in the tournament, Ashraf said he had nothing to do with selection matters.
"Selection is the job of the selection committee and team management and I don`t don`t interfere in their working."
Ashraf also said that PCB would review the team’s performance and would also look at the reports of the team management to plan ahead for the future.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145