Pakistan to not take Bangladesh lightly: Malik
Karachi: Former Pakistan captain Shoaib Malik said Bangladesh have some dangerous players in the side so they will not take the neighbours lightly in their next group engagement in the World Twenty20.
Pakistan have beaten New Zealand and need a victory to qualify for the Super Eights stage.
"We are not even taking Bangladesh lightly for tomorrow’s match as they are a very improved side and have some dangerous players," Malik said ahead of the Group D match.
Malik said in the Twenty20 format results change in four to five overs and any team was capable of causing an upset.
"In this tournament I feel even 50 to 60 runs are hard to defend in the final five to four overs the standards of competition are high," he said.
Malik, who captained Pakistan between 2007 and 2009, said he was enjoying his comeback to the national team.
"I am playing well and hitting the ball well so I am pretty confident of doing well in the super eights which will pit the strongest teams against each other," he said.
He pointed out that Pakistan`s bowling was their main strength as it had lot of variety and options.
"Saeed Ajmal has been bowling outstandingly well and he is someone who every team is looking at closely."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Maruti Suzuki continues to rule PV segment with 7 models in top 10 list
- Monsanto lobbies with US lawmakers on Indian regulatory issues
- Another on brink of extinction: Northern spotted owl added to endangered species list
- This teen daughter of slain Indian Army captain will leave all Muslim-haters red faced – WATCH
- India's 1-run loss to West Indies: Twitter world, especially KING VIRU go crazy