Razzaq likely to face disciplinary action over Hafeez selection spat
Karachi: Pakistan all-rounder Abdul Razzaq is likely to face disciplinary action from the Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) due to his outburst against captain Mohammad Hafeez after being dropped from the World Twenty20 semi-final against Sri Lanka.
Razzaq created a controversy by blaming Hafeez for his exclusion from the match, which Pakistan lost by 16 runs, describing the decision as ``illogical and taken only by Hafeez``, reports a leading daily.
According to a PCB official, action against Razzaq was likely even though he is not a centrally-contracted player.
"Razzaq was bound by PCB rules. Even if a player is not contracted he has to follow instructions. His statement may invite sanctions. The feedback from coach and manager will also be taken," the official said.
Meanwhile, a team official, who was part of the selection process, defined Razzaq`s remarks as unnecessary.
"It`s very unfortunate. There were no hidden intentions behind his snub. Razzaq`s replacement Sohail Tanvir justified his selection with a good bowling performance. It was just another bad day for our batting otherwise all went well before," said the official.
The manager downplayed Razzaq`s claims that Hafeez took an independent decision.
"It`s impossible for a single member of the tour selection committee to make a decision. Coach Dav Whatmore, PCB selector Salim Jaffer and manager Naveed Akram were also part of the selection panel," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!