Saeed Ajmal eyeing ‘player of the tournament’ title at T20 WC
Islamabad: Pakistan off spinner Saeed Ajmal is unfazed by his snub from the International Cricket Council (ICC) awards despite performing brilliantly recently, and is already eyeing the player of the tournament award at the Twenty20 World Cup in Sri Lanka.
The 34-year-old has targeted the best player’s title at the World Twenty20 after attaining the top position in the Twenty20 and 50-over formats.
“I’m targeting the player-of-the-tournament title. I’m working very hard and I’m confident of giving a good show for my team in Sri Lanka conditions as well. All the opposing batsmen will be my target,” a daily quoted Ajmal, as saying.
“I will have to perform well against everyone to achieve my target in the tournament. I’m not going to come up with a new delivery. I’ll just look to effectively use the weapons I already have,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!