Sarfraz calls on ``most dishonest captain`` Hafeez to resign as T20 skipper
Islamabad: Former Pakistan bowler Sarfraz Nawaz has slammed T20 captain Mohammad Hafeez for the national team`s ouster from the World Twenty20 semi-finals in Sri Lanka, and said the latter should resign as T20 captain.
"Hafeez has no sense how to lead a side sensibly as he just cares about himself and all his decisions speak volumes about his inefficiency. He must follow the example of Sri Lankan skipper Mahela Jayawardene, who despite taking his team to the finals, feeling his responsibility for the loss against West Indies, tendered his resignation from the T20 captaincy," The Nation quoted Sarfraz, as saying.
"While on the other hand despite playing the entire tournament as underdogs and giving poor performances, Hafeez is still clinging on to the captaincy. At least now he has courage to accept his mistakes and immediately announce resignation from T20 captaincy," he added.
Sarfraz also termed Hafeez as the most dishonest captain in the history of Pakistan cricket. He said Hafeez completely flopped in handling his players because of his self-styled captaincy, and questioned the exclusion of Abdul Razzaq from the squad especially in the crunch semi-final match against Sri Lanka.
"Razzaq is more than capable of destroying any opposition attack with his powerful and lusty hitting. Razzaq`s inclusion in the side can help Pakistan win that match easily. But the match was lost just because of the skipper`s selfishness and personnel grudges with Razzaq," he said.
"The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) should immediately appoint a committee to find out the exact reasons of team`s poor show and its ouster from the World Twenty20 semi-finals," Sarfraz further said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’