Spin legend Muralitharan tips subcontinent teams for T20 WC glory
London: Legendary off spinner Muttiah Muralitharan has said the teams from the subcontinent would have an edge over other teams in the Twenty20 World Cup due to their familiarity with the with the pitches and conditions.
Murali said defending champions England could find the oppressive heat and humidity in host nation Sri Lanka as their biggest obstacle to win the T20 crown for the second time in a row.
"Anything can happen in this format, so it really is anyone’s tournament. A wicket here, a good over with the bat there - the game can change so quickly," the Sun quoted Murali, as saying.
"There are plenty of good sides and it is impossible to call. Of course, Sri Lanka have home advantage but there are other sub-continental teams and the spin could help them. They are used to the heat and the wickets," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Zaira Wasim Trolled: Ashamed that she had to apologise, says Gautam Gambhir