Spin legend Muralitharan tips subcontinent teams for T20 WC glory
London: Legendary off spinner Muttiah Muralitharan has said the teams from the subcontinent would have an edge over other teams in the Twenty20 World Cup due to their familiarity with the with the pitches and conditions.
Murali said defending champions England could find the oppressive heat and humidity in host nation Sri Lanka as their biggest obstacle to win the T20 crown for the second time in a row.
"Anything can happen in this format, so it really is anyone’s tournament. A wicket here, a good over with the bat there - the game can change so quickly," the Sun quoted Murali, as saying.
"There are plenty of good sides and it is impossible to call. Of course, Sri Lanka have home advantage but there are other sub-continental teams and the spin could help them. They are used to the heat and the wickets," he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference