Suresh Raina’s twitter gaffe
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Suresh Raina has landed himself in the midst of a controversy after his tweet on Pakistan team’s ouster from the ICC T20 World Cup on Thursday night.
The tweet aimed at taking a dig at the Pakistan team was posted from his account and read: "Ek do din late gaye ghar !!!! Woh bhi besharam ki tarah Gaye... Bye bye Pakistan!!!!”
The post raised eyebrows and the southpaw was criticised severely on the microblogging website for his unsportsmanlike behaviour.
However, the tweet was promptly deleted with Raina posting a clarification attributing it to his nephew.
"Smart phones r dangerous. Discovered it last night after my nephew posted random tweets. I`m a sportsman and would never disrespect," he tweeted, adding, "Though I already deleted it, I felt its better to clarify. To all those who r upset, I`m sorry. I`m not one to show disrespect."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH