Suresh Raina’s twitter gaffe
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Suresh Raina has landed himself in the midst of a controversy after his tweet on Pakistan team’s ouster from the ICC T20 World Cup on Thursday night.
The tweet aimed at taking a dig at the Pakistan team was posted from his account and read: "Ek do din late gaye ghar !!!! Woh bhi besharam ki tarah Gaye... Bye bye Pakistan!!!!”
The post raised eyebrows and the southpaw was criticised severely on the microblogging website for his unsportsmanlike behaviour.
However, the tweet was promptly deleted with Raina posting a clarification attributing it to his nephew.
"Smart phones r dangerous. Discovered it last night after my nephew posted random tweets. I`m a sportsman and would never disrespect," he tweeted, adding, "Though I already deleted it, I felt its better to clarify. To all those who r upset, I`m sorry. I`m not one to show disrespect."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`; likely sole shooter
- 'EgyptAir Flight 804 broke up in midair after a fire'
- Warrants issued in Turkey for arrest of 300 Presidential Guards
- Democrat Hilary Clinton picks Kaine as vice presidential running mate
- Munich shooter was German-Iranian, motive `unclear`: Police