Suresh Raina’s twitter gaffe
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Suresh Raina has landed himself in the midst of a controversy after his tweet on Pakistan team’s ouster from the ICC T20 World Cup on Thursday night.
The tweet aimed at taking a dig at the Pakistan team was posted from his account and read: "Ek do din late gaye ghar !!!! Woh bhi besharam ki tarah Gaye... Bye bye Pakistan!!!!”
The post raised eyebrows and the southpaw was criticised severely on the microblogging website for his unsportsmanlike behaviour.
However, the tweet was promptly deleted with Raina posting a clarification attributing it to his nephew.
"Smart phones r dangerous. Discovered it last night after my nephew posted random tweets. I`m a sportsman and would never disrespect," he tweeted, adding, "Though I already deleted it, I felt its better to clarify. To all those who r upset, I`m sorry. I`m not one to show disrespect."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Jallikattu protests continue in Tamil Nadu, sea of protesters camp on Marina beach