Suresh Raina’s twitter gaffe
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Suresh Raina has landed himself in the midst of a controversy after his tweet on Pakistan team’s ouster from the ICC T20 World Cup on Thursday night.
The tweet aimed at taking a dig at the Pakistan team was posted from his account and read: "Ek do din late gaye ghar !!!! Woh bhi besharam ki tarah Gaye... Bye bye Pakistan!!!!”
The post raised eyebrows and the southpaw was criticised severely on the microblogging website for his unsportsmanlike behaviour.
However, the tweet was promptly deleted with Raina posting a clarification attributing it to his nephew.
"Smart phones r dangerous. Discovered it last night after my nephew posted random tweets. I`m a sportsman and would never disrespect," he tweeted, adding, "Though I already deleted it, I felt its better to clarify. To all those who r upset, I`m sorry. I`m not one to show disrespect."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- Delhi LG cancelled AAP govt order on compensation by discoms: Arvind Kejriwal
- Bihar flood toll reaches 156, twins born on boat
- Hinduism all about love, faith and intimacy with all: RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat
- Who are you? Watch dog's reaction seeing himself on mirror – Very Funny
- Mother Teresa's canonisation portends more conversions: VHP