Suresh Raina’s twitter gaffe
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Suresh Raina has landed himself in the midst of a controversy after his tweet on Pakistan team’s ouster from the ICC T20 World Cup on Thursday night.
The tweet aimed at taking a dig at the Pakistan team was posted from his account and read: "Ek do din late gaye ghar !!!! Woh bhi besharam ki tarah Gaye... Bye bye Pakistan!!!!”
The post raised eyebrows and the southpaw was criticised severely on the microblogging website for his unsportsmanlike behaviour.
However, the tweet was promptly deleted with Raina posting a clarification attributing it to his nephew.
"Smart phones r dangerous. Discovered it last night after my nephew posted random tweets. I`m a sportsman and would never disrespect," he tweeted, adding, "Though I already deleted it, I felt its better to clarify. To all those who r upset, I`m sorry. I`m not one to show disrespect."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Good news! Dimpy Ganguly welcomes baby Reanna with blizzards of kisses and hugs - See pic
- Harmanpreet Kaur Bhullar becomes first India Women's cricketer to be signed by overseas T20 team
- Indian politicians funded Hillary Clinton for Indo-US civil nuclear deal: Donald Trump
- In two years Tripura-Assam border with Bangladesh to be totally sealed: Secretary BM
- PM Modi to launch Smart City projects in Pune today