Tucker, Kettleborough named umpires for Indo-Pak match
Colombo: Rod Tucker and Richard Kettleborough will be the on-field umpires for Sunday`s high-profile match between India and Pakistan in the Super Eight stage of the ICC World Twenty20 here.
The ICC today announced the list of umpires and match referees for the Super Eight stage of the tournament, with former Sri Lankan spinner Kumar Dharmasena set to officiate in two of India`s three matches.
In the match between the two sub-continental rivals, Dharmasena will be the third umpire, with Jeff Crowe doing duty as the match referee.
The Super Eights will get underway with a doubleheader that will see the hosts take on New Zealand followed by a clash between holders England and the West Indies in Pallekele tomorrow.
Dharmasena will have England`s Kettleborough for company in India`s first Super Eight match, against Australia on Friday.
New Zealander Ian Gould will be the third umpire while Sri Lanka`s Madugalle of Sri Lanka will be the match referee.
In the inaugural edition champions` final game against South Africa on October 2, Dharmasena will be joined by Australia`s Tucker.
Ian Gould will be the third umpire while Crowe will be the match referee.
Former India pacer Javagal Srinath will be doing duty as match referee in six of the 12 Super Eight matches.
Appointments for men`s and women`s semi-finals will be made in due course.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj