Virender Sehwag out for 2 weeks with ankle injury, may miss CLT20
Colombo: Virender Sehwag is in doubt for the upcoming Champions League Twenty20 after he has been advised two weeks of rest because of ligament injury he sustained during India`s last Super Eights game in the ICC World Twenty20 against South Africa here.
Sehwag strained a ligament in his left ankle during South Africa`s innings last night and according to the Indian team`s media manager Dr R N Baba, the right-hander has been advised rest for 14 days.
Sehwag, who had a poor World Twenty20 in Sri Lanka, scoring only 54 runs in three innings at a strike rate of 112, suffered the injury while celebrating Jacques Kallis` dismissal off Irfan Pathan in the fourth over.
He limped off the field to be replaced by Manoj Tiwary, and did not return to the field again.
The injury comes as a big blow for Delhi Daredevils of whom Sehwag remains a key player despite relinquishing captaincy duties for CLT20 to be held in South Africa from October 9.
The Daredevils are scheduled to open their campaign against Kolkata Knight Riders on October 13 in Centurion.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Congress workers thrash students for showing black flags to Rahul Gandhi in Raebareli
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31