We`re well prepared for any condition: De Villiers
Hambantota: Determined to remove their big tournament chokers tag, South Africa captain A B de Villiers today said his side is well prepared to play in any condition in the ongoing ICC World Twenty20 here.
South Africa launched their campaign in the ICC World Twenty20 on a rousing fashion, demolishing Zimbabwe by 10 wickets in a lop-sided Group C match.
"I am very happy with the start. I back our pace bowlers to do well on this kind of deck. Hopefully its the same for the next game. We are definitely prepared for whatever the conditions may be," De Villiers said at the post-match presentation.
Opening their campaign in the tournament, South Africa first restricted Zimbabwe to 93 for eight after inviting the opposition to bat at the lively pitch of the Mahinda Rajapaksa stadium here and then piled up the runs without breaking a sweat in 12.4 overs.
The defeat means Zimbabwe are out of the event after slumping to their second loss in the tournament.
As expected, both Sri Lanka and South Africa, who face each other in their last group match here on Saturday, have progressed to the Super Eight stages from the pool.
"We`ve improved a lot facing spin in these conditions, so can`t wait to take on what`s coming our way," De Villiers said about the upcoming match against Sri Lanka.
Zimbabwe skipper Brendan Taylor is undoubtedly a disappointed man after crashing out of the event, but vowed to bounce back strongly soon.
"It`s the end of the road, they (South Africa) showed how classy a bowling line-up they are. We are a team that are going to bounce back sharply, we`ve improved a lot over the last 24 months," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Demonetisation: Majority of ATMs still out of cash
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video