ICC WT20: Malhotra replaces Sultana in Indian women`s squad
Colombo: ICC`s Event Technical Committee of the ongoing World Twenty20 today approved Reema Malhotra as the replacement player for an ill Gouhar Sultana in the Indian women`s cricket squad for the tournament.
The women`s event will be staged in Galle from 26 September 26 to October 1 with the semi-finals and the finals to be played before the men`s semi-finals and final at R Premadasa Stadium in Colombo on October 4, 5 and 7 respectively.
"The confirmation was conveyed to the Board of Control for Cricket in India on behalf of the committee. Malhotra will replace Sultana who is suffering from a virus and is unable to compete in the event," the ICC said in a statement.
Any injury or illness-based replacement requires a written submission to the event technical committee along with a diagnosis from a medical practitioner to ascertain the extent of the injury or illness.
"Once replaced, a player may not return to the squad save as an approved subsequent replacement for another injured or ill player."
Thirty-one-year-old Malhotra, a right-handed batter and legbreak spinner from Delhi replaces Sultana who is a slow-left arm orthodox spinner and right-handed batter.
As with all players in the tournament, the eligibility of a replacement player is subject to approval by the ICC before that player can be officially added to the squad.
The Event Technical Committee of the ICC World Twenty20 Sri Lanka 2012 consists of Geoff Allardice (ICC, chairman), Ajit Jayasekera (host representative), Campbell Jamieson (IDI representative), Ashley D`Silva (host representative), David Lloyd (independent nomination) and Ramiz Raja (independent nomination).
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far