World T20: Australia lose to England by nine runs
Colombo: Australia suffered a narrow loss to England by nine runs in their second and final warm-up match for the ICC World Twenty20 here Monday.
Australian captain George Bailey won the toss and elected to bowl first.
England put up 172/6 from their 20 overs. Brad Hogg finished with figures of 2-39 while Mitch Starc took 2-32. Alex Hales top-scored for England with 52, while Luke Wright made 35.
In response, Australia lost David Warner early before Shane Watson (37) and Mike Hussey (71) went about getting the innings going with a 74-run partnership. In the latter overs, Glenn Maxwell chipped in with 18 and Matthew Wade was unbeaten on 12, however it proved not quite enough as Australia finished on 163/6.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Panel discussion on Rajnath Singh's remarks on secularism in Parliament
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai