World T20: Australia lose to England by nine runs
Colombo: Australia suffered a narrow loss to England by nine runs in their second and final warm-up match for the ICC World Twenty20 here Monday.
Australian captain George Bailey won the toss and elected to bowl first.
England put up 172/6 from their 20 overs. Brad Hogg finished with figures of 2-39 while Mitch Starc took 2-32. Alex Hales top-scored for England with 52, while Luke Wright made 35.
In response, Australia lost David Warner early before Shane Watson (37) and Mike Hussey (71) went about getting the innings going with a 74-run partnership. In the latter overs, Glenn Maxwell chipped in with 18 and Matthew Wade was unbeaten on 12, however it proved not quite enough as Australia finished on 163/6.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- Lashkar-e-Toiba claims responsibility for Uri attack in posters pasted in Pakistan town
- Naya Bazar explosion: Home Ministry seeks report from Delhi Police; one dead, 5 injured