World T20: Australia lose to England by nine runs
Colombo: Australia suffered a narrow loss to England by nine runs in their second and final warm-up match for the ICC World Twenty20 here Monday.
Australian captain George Bailey won the toss and elected to bowl first.
England put up 172/6 from their 20 overs. Brad Hogg finished with figures of 2-39 while Mitch Starc took 2-32. Alex Hales top-scored for England with 52, while Luke Wright made 35.
In response, Australia lost David Warner early before Shane Watson (37) and Mike Hussey (71) went about getting the innings going with a 74-run partnership. In the latter overs, Glenn Maxwell chipped in with 18 and Matthew Wade was unbeaten on 12, however it proved not quite enough as Australia finished on 163/6.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- DNA: Will multi-level car parking system across India help reduce traffic jams?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city