World T20: Australia lose to England by nine runs
Colombo: Australia suffered a narrow loss to England by nine runs in their second and final warm-up match for the ICC World Twenty20 here Monday.
Australian captain George Bailey won the toss and elected to bowl first.
England put up 172/6 from their 20 overs. Brad Hogg finished with figures of 2-39 while Mitch Starc took 2-32. Alex Hales top-scored for England with 52, while Luke Wright made 35.
In response, Australia lost David Warner early before Shane Watson (37) and Mike Hussey (71) went about getting the innings going with a 74-run partnership. In the latter overs, Glenn Maxwell chipped in with 18 and Matthew Wade was unbeaten on 12, however it proved not quite enough as Australia finished on 163/6.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ground reporting reveals shocking facts about Kashmir unrest
- BJP protests against BSP over 'foul language' used for Dayashankar Singh's daughter
- DNA: Analyzing the complete aspect of UNCIP's resolution on Kashmir
- Rajnath Singh arrives in Kashmir, meets civil society delegation
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Blockbuster! 'Sultan' Salman Khan's action drama inching closer to Rs 300 crore
- When hotel staff received complaints about weird noises coming out of Rahul Dravid’s room!
- UP CM Akhilesh Yadav backs Dayashankar's ticket-selling allegation against Mayawati
- Jammu & Kashmir violence: DIG South Kashmir, SSP Anantnag transferred
- What an idea! Harbhajan Singh offers Windies bowlers full-proof plan to stop Virat Kohli