World T20: Australia lose to England by nine runs
Colombo: Australia suffered a narrow loss to England by nine runs in their second and final warm-up match for the ICC World Twenty20 here Monday.
Australian captain George Bailey won the toss and elected to bowl first.
England put up 172/6 from their 20 overs. Brad Hogg finished with figures of 2-39 while Mitch Starc took 2-32. Alex Hales top-scored for England with 52, while Luke Wright made 35.
In response, Australia lost David Warner early before Shane Watson (37) and Mike Hussey (71) went about getting the innings going with a 74-run partnership. In the latter overs, Glenn Maxwell chipped in with 18 and Matthew Wade was unbeaten on 12, however it proved not quite enough as Australia finished on 163/6.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Lemon: An ideal ingredient for your glowing skin, good health
- 'Baar Baar Dekho' promotions: Katrina Kaif-Sidharth Malhotra stun with their chemistry on 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa'
- Pleasant music helps employees turn in better performances: Study
- Unbelievable! Airtel offers 10 GB 4G data at just Rs 250
- Using Facebook, Twitter may cut BP, diabetes in elderly