Wt20: De Villiers insists Proteas are no ‘chokers’
Colombo: South Africa captain AB de Villiers has said they are not chokers, and added they lost their second consecutive Twenty20 World Cup Super Eight match to Australia because they were outplayed throughout the match by the Oz team.
Australia beat South Africa by eight wickets with 14 balls to spare in the Super Eight stage of the ICC World T20 at the R Premadasa Stadium on Sunday to leave the Proteas with only a slight chance of still qualifying for the semi-finals.
India`s eight-wicket win over Pakistan on Sunday means that South Africa still have a slim chance of making the playoffs, but had Pakistan beaten India then they would have qualified together with Australia.
“I cannot put my finger on what went wrong. But I can say that we certainly did not choke tonight. We were just outplayed from start to finish by the better team,” De Villiers said in an interview.
“But we are not a team that ever gives up and as long as we have a chance then we will do everything to finish on a high against India on Tuesday, and we know we will have to raise our game considerably,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- China builds massive seaplane: State media
- 'Aam Aadmi Party has anti-women character'
- WATCH: 4 wickets in 6 balls - When Ajit Agarkar bowled devastating last over against Australia
- Watch: Special 'Justice League' Comic-Con 2016 footage will give you goosebumps!
- Air India to get 6 more Boeing Dreamliners by next year