Wt20: De Villiers insists Proteas are no ‘chokers’
Colombo: South Africa captain AB de Villiers has said they are not chokers, and added they lost their second consecutive Twenty20 World Cup Super Eight match to Australia because they were outplayed throughout the match by the Oz team.
Australia beat South Africa by eight wickets with 14 balls to spare in the Super Eight stage of the ICC World T20 at the R Premadasa Stadium on Sunday to leave the Proteas with only a slight chance of still qualifying for the semi-finals.
India`s eight-wicket win over Pakistan on Sunday means that South Africa still have a slim chance of making the playoffs, but had Pakistan beaten India then they would have qualified together with Australia.
“I cannot put my finger on what went wrong. But I can say that we certainly did not choke tonight. We were just outplayed from start to finish by the better team,” De Villiers said in an interview.
“But we are not a team that ever gives up and as long as we have a chance then we will do everything to finish on a high against India on Tuesday, and we know we will have to raise our game considerably,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jacqueline Fernandez turns elegant showstopper for Rajesh Pratap Singh
- ABVP JNU unit vice-president Jatin Goraya resigns
- WATCH: ABSOLUTE CARNAGE! When The Great Khali nearly killed John Cena
- Akshay Kumar's 'Rustom' vs Hrithik Roshan's 'Mohenjo Daro': Week two BO collections are out!
- Surrogacy Bill against commercial surrogacy which is a money making racket: BJP