Wt20: De Villiers insists Proteas are no ‘chokers’
Colombo: South Africa captain AB de Villiers has said they are not chokers, and added they lost their second consecutive Twenty20 World Cup Super Eight match to Australia because they were outplayed throughout the match by the Oz team.
Australia beat South Africa by eight wickets with 14 balls to spare in the Super Eight stage of the ICC World T20 at the R Premadasa Stadium on Sunday to leave the Proteas with only a slight chance of still qualifying for the semi-finals.
India`s eight-wicket win over Pakistan on Sunday means that South Africa still have a slim chance of making the playoffs, but had Pakistan beaten India then they would have qualified together with Australia.
“I cannot put my finger on what went wrong. But I can say that we certainly did not choke tonight. We were just outplayed from start to finish by the better team,” De Villiers said in an interview.
“But we are not a team that ever gives up and as long as we have a chance then we will do everything to finish on a high against India on Tuesday, and we know we will have to raise our game considerably,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'