WT20 Final: Sri Lanka vs West Indies – Statistical highlights
Colombo: Statistical highlights of the World Twenty20 final between the West Indies and Sri Lanka here on Sunday.
• Sunil Narine (3/9) recorded his second best bowling figures in T20Is. He had registered 4 for 12 against New Zealand at Lauderhill on July 1, 2012.
• Narine`s figures are the second best in a final of the ICC World Twenty20.
• Chris Gayle (3 off 16 balls) posted a strike rate of 18.75 in the match. It is his lowest in an innings when he has registered a run.
• West Indies` 14 for two is their lowest score in a powerplay in Twenty20 Internationals, eclipsing the 17 for two against South Africa at North Sound, Antigua on May 20, 2010. West Indies had lost the game by one run to South Africa.
• West Indies` total in the powerplay is the lowest by any nation against Sri Lanka. The previous lowest total in a powerplay against Sri Lanka was 17 for five by New Zealand at Lauderhill on May 23, 2010.
• Canada had registered only 10 for three in the powerplay during their 75 off 19.2 overs against Zimbabwe at King City on October 13, 2008 -- the lowest ever in T20Is.
• Sri Lanka have lost four consecutive international finals -- to Australia by 53 runs at Bridgetown on April 28, 2007 (ICC World Cup); to Pakistan by 8 wickets at Lord`s on June 21, 2009 (ICC World Twenty20), to India by 6 wickets at Wankhede Stadium, Mumbai on April 2, 2011 (ICC Cricket World Cup) and to West Indies by 36 runs at Colombo (RPS) on October 7, 2012 (ICC World Twenty20).
• West Indies` maiden World Twenty20 win is their first World title since 1979. They became the second nation after India to record victories in all three tournaments organised by ICC - World Cups in 1975 & 1979; The Champions Trophy in 2004 and the just concluded World Twenty20 on October 7.
• West Indies` win by 36 runs is their first triumph in five matches against Sri Lanka in T20Is.
• Sri Lanka (101) have posted the lowest total in the ICC World Twenty20 final. The match has produced 238 for 16 wickets - the lowest in an ICC World Twenty20 final.
• Ajantha Mendis captured 15 wickets at 9.80 runs apiece in six games - the highest tally in the ICC World Twenty20, bettering the Dirk Nannes` 14 (ave.13.07) in seven matches in 2010.
• Mendis` superb bowling figures of 4 for 12 are his best against the West Indies in T20Is, eclipsing the 3 for 24 at Bridgetown on May 7, 2010.
• Mendis` figures of 4 for 12 are the best in the West Indies-Sri Lanka T20Is, eclipsing the 4 for 19 by Lendl Simmons at Nottingham on June 10, 2009. The said performance is the best against the West Indies in the ICC World Twenty20.
• Mendis set a record by producing the best figures in the final of the ICC World Twenty20, surpassing Irfan Pathan`s 3 for 16 against Pakistan at Johannesburg on September 24, 2007.
• Marlon Samuels` 78 off 56 balls is the highest individual innings by a West Indian batsman against Sri Lanka in T20Is. The said knock is his career-best in T20Is.
• Samuels posted his fifth fifty in T20Is - his third in the ICC World Twenty20.
• Of his five fifties in T20Is, only two have been recorded by Samuels in a winning cause.
• For the first time in an innings in T20Is, Samuels has registered six sixes in an innings in T20Is - the most in the final of the ICC World Twenty20. Five of his six sixes were registered off Malinga`s bowling.
• For the first time in a T20I, Malinga has conceded five sixes in an innings.
• Samuels` 78 is a record in a final of the ICC World Twenty20, bettering Gautam Gambhir`s 75 off 54 balls against Pakistan at Johannesburg on September 24, 2007.
• Samuels was adjudged the Man of the Match for the first time in T20Is.
• Lasith Malinga (4-0-54-0) produced his worst bowling performance in T20Is. He has conceded 50 or more for the first time in a T20I, recording his worst economy rate of 13.50 when he has delivered a four-over spell.
• Tillakaratne Dilshan recorded his first duck against the West Indies - his sixth in T20Is.
• Dilshan has registered three successive ducks in a losing cause - one each against India, South Africa and the West Indies - all in 2012.
• Darren Sammy (26 not out) has posted his highest score as well as his best bowling figures (2/6) against Sri Lanka in T20Is.
• Nuwan Kulasekara (26 off 13 balls) posted his career-best score in T20Is.
• Shane Watson got the Player of the series award for aggregating 249 at an average of 49.80 and taking 11 wickets at 16.00. He finished as the top run-getter in the series. This is his second Player of the Series award in T20Is.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!