Yuvraj and Harbhajan`s presence will help team: Raina
Visakhapatnam: Suresh Raina feels India will get their mojo back in the upcoming Twenty20 World Cup in Sri Lanka with the return of Yuvraj Singh and Harbhajan Singh, two vital cogs in the ODI Cup triumph last year.
"It`s almost the same team that won the World Cup 2011. Also we have a lot players who were a part of World T20 triumph in 2007. So the team is upbeat and in a positive frame of mind ahead of the World T20," Raina told PTI in an interview today.
Having done it twice for India by helping the team win the inaugural World Twenty20 in 2007 and the ODI World Cup last year, Yuvraj has ensured that the mood is upbeat with less than a fortnight to go for the tournament in Sri Lanka.
Raina said the team was looking forward to the return of India`s World Cup hero Yuvraj who will make a comeback after successfully battling cancer.
"Yuvi bhai is such a great fighter. He has put in so much effort, worked really hard at the NCA. You will get to see this when he comes out to on the field. He is a teamman. There is so much to learn from him. I really wish him best of luck in his comeback. We are pretty confident that he will do well," he said.
"(Harbhajan Singh) Bhajji-bhai is also returning. He is one of the key players in the line-up. We have a lot of allrounders who can chip in with two three overs."
Raina feels India does have a combination that can create magic.
"Our fielding is very agile. We also have good youngsters in Manoj Tiwary, Ashok Dinda. Our side looks really balanced," he pointed out.
The defending champions of the inaugural edition in 2007, India had a fine outing in Sri Lanka in July-August when they thrashed the hosts 4-1 in the ODIs and 1-0 in a one-off T20I.
Raina played the role of a finisher as he aggregated 174 with a fine 58.00 average in the five-match ODI series.
"I had a fine outing in that series. We won series convincingly. I`m looking forward towards doing well again there," Raina said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly