Yuvraj and Harbhajan`s presence will help team: Raina
Visakhapatnam: Suresh Raina feels India will get their mojo back in the upcoming Twenty20 World Cup in Sri Lanka with the return of Yuvraj Singh and Harbhajan Singh, two vital cogs in the ODI Cup triumph last year.
"It`s almost the same team that won the World Cup 2011. Also we have a lot players who were a part of World T20 triumph in 2007. So the team is upbeat and in a positive frame of mind ahead of the World T20," Raina told PTI in an interview today.
Having done it twice for India by helping the team win the inaugural World Twenty20 in 2007 and the ODI World Cup last year, Yuvraj has ensured that the mood is upbeat with less than a fortnight to go for the tournament in Sri Lanka.
Raina said the team was looking forward to the return of India`s World Cup hero Yuvraj who will make a comeback after successfully battling cancer.
"Yuvi bhai is such a great fighter. He has put in so much effort, worked really hard at the NCA. You will get to see this when he comes out to on the field. He is a teamman. There is so much to learn from him. I really wish him best of luck in his comeback. We are pretty confident that he will do well," he said.
"(Harbhajan Singh) Bhajji-bhai is also returning. He is one of the key players in the line-up. We have a lot of allrounders who can chip in with two three overs."
Raina feels India does have a combination that can create magic.
"Our fielding is very agile. We also have good youngsters in Manoj Tiwary, Ashok Dinda. Our side looks really balanced," he pointed out.
The defending champions of the inaugural edition in 2007, India had a fine outing in Sri Lanka in July-August when they thrashed the hosts 4-1 in the ODIs and 1-0 in a one-off T20I.
Raina played the role of a finisher as he aggregated 174 with a fine 58.00 average in the five-match ODI series.
"I had a fine outing in that series. We won series convincingly. I`m looking forward towards doing well again there," Raina said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be announced shortly
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA