Tainted trio shouldn`t be selected again: Senate Committee
Lahore: The Standing Senate Committee on inter-provincial coordination (sports) has come up with a proposal which bars the players, who have been found guilty of spot-fixing, from selection in the national team again and appearing on the cricket chat shows.
A meeting of the committee, which was held in Islamabad yesterday, was briefed by PCB chief operating officer, Subhan Ahmed and Director General cricket, Javed Miandad.
"During the briefing that included updates on the appeals of the banned players, Salman Butt and Muhammad Asif, the senators told the PCB official that the disgraced players should also be stopped from appearing on cricket shows," a board official said.
Butt, Asif and Muhammad Aamer were all first banned by the ICC and then jailed by a crown court in London in 2011 for their involvement in spot-fixing.
"The committee members were unanimous in their stance on spot-fixing issue that the trio should never be considered for selection again even after the completion of their punishments," he said.
The committee also told the PCB officials to design a system to stop these players from appearing as experts on any television cricket shows as they did not remain role models for the younger generation of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video