Tainted trio shouldn`t be selected again: Senate Committee
Lahore: The Standing Senate Committee on inter-provincial coordination (sports) has come up with a proposal which bars the players, who have been found guilty of spot-fixing, from selection in the national team again and appearing on the cricket chat shows.
A meeting of the committee, which was held in Islamabad yesterday, was briefed by PCB chief operating officer, Subhan Ahmed and Director General cricket, Javed Miandad.
"During the briefing that included updates on the appeals of the banned players, Salman Butt and Muhammad Asif, the senators told the PCB official that the disgraced players should also be stopped from appearing on cricket shows," a board official said.
Butt, Asif and Muhammad Aamer were all first banned by the ICC and then jailed by a crown court in London in 2011 for their involvement in spot-fixing.
"The committee members were unanimous in their stance on spot-fixing issue that the trio should never be considered for selection again even after the completion of their punishments," he said.
The committee also told the PCB officials to design a system to stop these players from appearing as experts on any television cricket shows as they did not remain role models for the younger generation of the country.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested