Taj Television extends pact with Zimbabwe Cricket till 2019
Mumbai: Zee Entertainment Enterprises-run (ZEEL) Taj Television on Friday said it has decided to extended its partnership with Zimbabwe Cricket for worldwide television rights till 2019.
"We`re extremely pleased to extend our partnership with the Zimbabwe Cricket. Through our television channels, Ten Cricket and Ten Sports, our website www.tencricket.com and our various wireless platform initiatives, we are confident of taking the rights of Zimbabwe Cricket to new heights by working along with various partners," Taj Television India CEO Atul Pande said in a statement.
Taj Television is a full-service television concern, based in Dubai Media City with eight regional offices across the Subcontinent. Taj was established in January 2001, and is owned by ZEEL. Its portfolio consists of Ten Sports, Ten Cricket and Ten Action+ channels, digital studio facilities and integrated transmission services for various broadcast clients.
The pacts with Taj Television cover the Zimbabwe Cricket seasons from 2012 through 2019. Over this period, Taj will telecast live, 220 days of cricketing including 15 days of Indian cricket. Incidentally, besides Zimbabwe Cricket, Taj also has broadcast rights of cricket boards of four other countries, namely South Africa, Pakistan, the West Indies and Sri Lanka.
"We are happy to extend our existing contract with Taj, as this plays a pivotal role in ensuring that the Zimbabwean Cricket is seen by those who love the game as well as introduced to new audiences," Zimbabwe Cricket MD Ozias Bvute said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- Football Tourism: PSG will receive $197 million to promote tourism in Qatar
- Nitin Gadkari appointed as BJP election in-charge for Goa Assembly polls
- Xiaomi Redmi 4, Redmi Note 4 likely to be launched on Thursday
- Cabinet raises compensation for terror, blast victims
- Present ICC ranking system is not satisfactory: Javed Miandad