Take a lesson from Tendulkar`s commitment: Miandad to Pak
Karachi: Emphasising the importance of hard work, former captain Javed Miandad told the Pakistani players to look up to Sachin Tendulkar, who he says is an embodiment of commitment to the game of cricket.
Miandad while talking to Pakistan players, preparing for the Champions Trophy in Abbotabad, said there was no replacement for hard work.
"It has been a good experience working with these players and I have told them that no matter how much coaching or advice you are given nothing can replace the individual hard work you put into your game everyday. I gave them the example of Sachin Tendulkar who is still playing Test cricket only because of his commitment and the individual hard work he puts into his game," Miandad said.
"I think he is an ideal role model for the present generation because of his achievements and if they want to be successful batsmen and players," Miandad added.
He pointed out that cricket was a sport in which everything depends on the individual.
"Batting is something you learn about everyday and it is absolutely necessary to keep on practicing and working hard everyday. No matter how talent you are everyday and every match is a new challenge," Miandad, who is a Director-General in the PCB, said.
"I used to practice every day even when we had no team commitments. Whatever best I can advise and give tips I have given to these players but the rest is up to them how they utilize them," the former captain said.
He asserted that one could never say he had achieved perfection in batting because in every new match there was a different pitch and conditions.
"Tendulkar has been successful because he has followed this policy and worked hard to maintain his game and fitness," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living