Take a lesson from Tendulkar`s commitment: Miandad to Pak
Karachi: Emphasising the importance of hard work, former captain Javed Miandad told the Pakistani players to look up to Sachin Tendulkar, who he says is an embodiment of commitment to the game of cricket.
Miandad while talking to Pakistan players, preparing for the Champions Trophy in Abbotabad, said there was no replacement for hard work.
"It has been a good experience working with these players and I have told them that no matter how much coaching or advice you are given nothing can replace the individual hard work you put into your game everyday. I gave them the example of Sachin Tendulkar who is still playing Test cricket only because of his commitment and the individual hard work he puts into his game," Miandad said.
"I think he is an ideal role model for the present generation because of his achievements and if they want to be successful batsmen and players," Miandad added.
He pointed out that cricket was a sport in which everything depends on the individual.
"Batting is something you learn about everyday and it is absolutely necessary to keep on practicing and working hard everyday. No matter how talent you are everyday and every match is a new challenge," Miandad, who is a Director-General in the PCB, said.
"I used to practice every day even when we had no team commitments. Whatever best I can advise and give tips I have given to these players but the rest is up to them how they utilize them," the former captain said.
He asserted that one could never say he had achieved perfection in batting because in every new match there was a different pitch and conditions.
"Tendulkar has been successful because he has followed this policy and worked hard to maintain his game and fitness," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’