Tamil group plans protest at 2nd Test in Melbourne
Melbourne: A group supporting Sri Lanka`s Tamil ethnic minority says it will protest at the December 26 cricket Test against Australia as part of a campaign to have future cricket matches against Sri Lanka banned.
The Tamil Refugee Council said on Friday it wants Cricket Australia to stop playing matches against Sri Lanka until its government agrees to an independent inquiry into war crimes.
Tamil refugee advocate Mal Bala said protesters would gather at the Melbourne Cricket Ground in a bid to raise the public`s awareness of the situation in Sri Lanka.
The Tamil Refugee Council says Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapaksa must face an inquiry into alleged war crimes committed at the end of the civil war in 2009.
Australia won the first of three Tests last week in Hobart.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Kejriwal lists AAP govt's achievements of 100 days, slams Centre's 'dictatorial attitude'
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo