Tamil Nadu 200/8 against Railways
New Delhi: R Prasanna`s unbeaten half-century took Tamil Nadu to 200 for eight after Railways bowlers Anureet Singh and Ranjitkumar Mali took three wickets each on the opening day of their Group `B` Ranji Trophy match, here Saturday.
Mali was the only batsman to make significant contribution for the visitors with a gritty 206-ball 88 as none of the other batsmen showed enough patience to stay at the crease and grind it out.
Tamil Nadu were left reeling at 49 for four after Mali took three of the first five wickets including the key scalps of Abhinav Mukund, S Badrinath and Dinesh Karthik.
Prasanna revived the innings, first with Baba Aparajith, who scored 29 off 119, and then with Lakshmipathy Balaji (22 batting) for the eighth wicket.
Brief Scores: Tamil Nadu 200 for 8 in 89 overs (R Prasanna 88 batting; Ranjitkumar Mali 3/29, Anureet Singh 3/49).
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- Aamir Khan's remarks on intolerance stir controversy; BJP slams, film fraternity split
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'