Tamil Nadu Police detain one more bookie
Chennai: Tamil Nadu Police Monday detained Sanjay Baffna, alleged to be one of the key people in the Indian Premium League (IPL) cricket betting racket, police said.
A statement from the Crime Branch said Baffna was caught at the airport while trying to enter India from South Africa. Police had earlier issued a lookout notice for him.
Police said Baffna`s role in the IPL betting was being examined and a decision on his arrest will be taken after his interrogation.
An anticipatory bail application filed by Baffna in the Madras High Court will come up for hearing May 29.
Police had earlier nabbed Harish Bajaj, S. Virudhachalam (also known as S. Vedhachalam), Lucky alias Narpath Jain, Pappu alias Praveen Kumar Goutham, Deepak Bajaj, Sunil Bajanlal, Uttam C. Jain alias Kitty and Jasraj Jain alias Raja for betting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PHOTO: After KKR's loss vs SRH, Shah Rukh Khan Tweets heart-wrenching image of cheerleaders crying
- Kardashians offered USD 100 million movie deal?
- Supreme Court to hear Italian government's plea on marine today
- Aww! Nargis Fakhri is missing THESE guys and gals
- Online application process for NEET II from today. Check www.aipmt.nic.in