Tamil Nadu police issue alert for cricket bookie
Chennai: Tamil Nadu`s Crime Branch-Crime Investigation Department (CBCID) on Wednesday said a lookout notice has been issued to all airports for Kitty alias Uttam alleged to be a bookie with links in spot fixing in the Indian Premier League (IPL).
In a statement issued here, CBCID said: "Sustained efforts are being taken to apprehend Kitty alias Uttam who has emerged as one of the most important bookies."
According to CBCID, a lookout notice has been issued for Uttam and searches are being made to apprehend him.
The police said Uttam has used SIM cards which have been purchased on the basis of false and fabricated records -- more than 10 such cards have been seized and the user details of all the cards are being perused.
Stringent legal action shall be taken against the persons who are helping the accused to escape from the law.
Expressing satisfaction at the progress of the case, police said all those involved in criminal cheating and luring gullible public will be brought to book.
Of the seven who have been arrested so far in connection with betting on cricket matches, four accused -- Harish Bajaj, S. Virudhachalam also known as S. Vedhachalam, Lucky alias Narpath Jain and Pappu alias Praveen Kumar -- arrested on May 17 have been taken into police custody for interrogation.
The others - Goutham, Deepak Bajaj and Sunil Bajanlal - will also be brought to police custody in due course, CBCID said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- Jallikattu protests LIVE: Fire at police station near Chennai's Marina Beach; police disperse protesters