Tamim signs for Pune Warriors
New Delhi: Bangladesh opener Tamim Iqbal has signed up for Pune Warriors, becoming the side`s eleventh overseas player and its second signing this week after Australian captain Michael Clarke, for the upcoming Indian Premier League.
With Tamim`s signing, the Warriors have filled all their overseas slots for the coming season.
The left-hander is the second signing from Bangladesh after Shakib Al Hasan in this year`s IPL and the fifth overall from that country.
"I can gain a lot of experience by playing with greats like Sourav Ganguly and Michael Clarke. I like to talk a lot about cricket so I think I am lucky to be playing with them and look forward to learn new things," Tamim said.
"It`ll be an extra boost, so it is very important that I do well. More importantly, just like Shakib opened the door for me, I would want that with my inclusion in the IPL, it will let other players from my country to play in this competition," he told ESPNCricinfo.
Tamim had scored half centuries in the Asia Cup recently, helping his side reach the final where it lost by 2 runs to Pakistan.
"With the T20 World Cup coming up this year, it will be a big opportunity for me to perform in the format," Tamim said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!