Tamim signs for Pune Warriors
New Delhi: Bangladesh opener Tamim Iqbal has signed up for Pune Warriors, becoming the side`s eleventh overseas player and its second signing this week after Australian captain Michael Clarke, for the upcoming Indian Premier League.
With Tamim`s signing, the Warriors have filled all their overseas slots for the coming season.
The left-hander is the second signing from Bangladesh after Shakib Al Hasan in this year`s IPL and the fifth overall from that country.
"I can gain a lot of experience by playing with greats like Sourav Ganguly and Michael Clarke. I like to talk a lot about cricket so I think I am lucky to be playing with them and look forward to learn new things," Tamim said.
"It`ll be an extra boost, so it is very important that I do well. More importantly, just like Shakib opened the door for me, I would want that with my inclusion in the IPL, it will let other players from my country to play in this competition," he told ESPNCricinfo.
Tamim had scored half centuries in the Asia Cup recently, helping his side reach the final where it lost by 2 runs to Pakistan.
"With the T20 World Cup coming up this year, it will be a big opportunity for me to perform in the format," Tamim said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Rousseff ex-minister arrested in Brazil graft probe
- 4,500 people rescued in Mediterranean: Italy coastguard
- Vijender Singh out of Olympic contention, wishes best for Vikas Krishan
- Jasprit Bumrah jumps to career best No. 2 spot in ICC T20I Rankings
- Water tanker scam: ACB summons Delhi Water Minister Kapil Mishra for questioning