Tanveer vows to prove selectors right
Karachi: Pakistani bowling all-rounder Sohail Tanveer has reportedly vowed to try his best to prove that his selection for the second Test against South Africa is the right decision.
Tanveer expressed his happiness that the selectors have put their faith on him and promised to leave no stone unturned in order to fulfill their expectations and that of his countrymen.
According to The Nation, Tanveer said that his experience of playing in South Africa for the past three years in the `A` side against most of their batsmen would prove helpful for him in the series, adding that he is looking forward to show his potential against the formidable South Africa team.
Stating that he can curb his stroke play if the situation demands it, Tanveer also said that he is mentally and physical fit and ready to take on South Africa`s bowling attack, adding that he will make his ODI debut if selected for the series.
Tanveer further said that putting a Twenty20 tag on him would not be right as he had also played around 50 one-day internationals, adding that the day he feels that he is not fit anymore, he will quit the squad.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested