Tanvir called up by Pak for ongoing ODI series against SA
Karachi: Fitness issues with pacers have forced Pakistan team management to call up all-rounder Sohail Tanvir as reinforcement for the on-going One-day series against South Africa.
Tanvir who is already in South Africa playing for Highveld Lions was called up as a reinforcement after Umar Gul and Muhammad Irfan are found struggling with fitness.
Irfan was played in the third one-day international on Sunday but he limped off the field after bowling seven overs due to a hamstring injury he picked up in the second ODI in which he captured four wickets.
Team sources said that Gul is also struggling with illness and a knee problem.
Sources said that if Gul and Irfan are not fit in time for the fourth ODI on March 21st than Tanvir will be included in the playing eleven.
Tanvir was initially not selected in the Pakistan squads announced for the T20 and ODI series. He was seen sitting with the Pakistani players in the dressing room on Sunday.
The Pakistan management had earlier before the start of the Test series also called up Tanvir Ahmed and Rahat Ali as reinforcements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack