Tanvir called up by Pak for ongoing ODI series against SA
Karachi: Fitness issues with pacers have forced Pakistan team management to call up all-rounder Sohail Tanvir as reinforcement for the on-going One-day series against South Africa.
Tanvir who is already in South Africa playing for Highveld Lions was called up as a reinforcement after Umar Gul and Muhammad Irfan are found struggling with fitness.
Irfan was played in the third one-day international on Sunday but he limped off the field after bowling seven overs due to a hamstring injury he picked up in the second ODI in which he captured four wickets.
Team sources said that Gul is also struggling with illness and a knee problem.
Sources said that if Gul and Irfan are not fit in time for the fourth ODI on March 21st than Tanvir will be included in the playing eleven.
Tanvir was initially not selected in the Pakistan squads announced for the T20 and ODI series. He was seen sitting with the Pakistani players in the dressing room on Sunday.
The Pakistan management had earlier before the start of the Test series also called up Tanvir Ahmed and Rahat Ali as reinforcements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India