Tanvir called up by Pak for ongoing ODI series against SA
Karachi: Fitness issues with pacers have forced Pakistan team management to call up all-rounder Sohail Tanvir as reinforcement for the on-going One-day series against South Africa.
Tanvir who is already in South Africa playing for Highveld Lions was called up as a reinforcement after Umar Gul and Muhammad Irfan are found struggling with fitness.
Irfan was played in the third one-day international on Sunday but he limped off the field after bowling seven overs due to a hamstring injury he picked up in the second ODI in which he captured four wickets.
Team sources said that Gul is also struggling with illness and a knee problem.
Sources said that if Gul and Irfan are not fit in time for the fourth ODI on March 21st than Tanvir will be included in the playing eleven.
Tanvir was initially not selected in the Pakistan squads announced for the T20 and ODI series. He was seen sitting with the Pakistani players in the dressing room on Sunday.
The Pakistan management had earlier before the start of the Test series also called up Tanvir Ahmed and Rahat Ali as reinforcements.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites
- Personality check: What is the colour of your eyes?