Tanvir wants to shed T20 specialist tag
Karachi: Pakistan`s left-arm pacer, Sohail Tanvir is looking at a full season with English county, Hampshire to shed the tag of being a specialist T20 player.
Tanvir, who will leave later this month to join Hampshire for a full season after getting clearance from the Pakistan Cricket Board, said he wanted to use the opportunity to show everyone he was good at any format of the game.
"The irony is that since I was selected for Pakistan and than in the Indian Premier League first season I performed well in the T20 format and since than this tag has been attached to me that I am only a specialist T20 player," Tanvir said today.
"I don`t agree with that because I am in the best form of my life and I want to show everyone that I am equally good in test and one-day cricket as well," the pacer said.
Tanvir said he would get a lot of opportunities to play four-day and one-day games for Hampshire.
"The ten days I spent training with Wasim Akram in the camp in Karachi has also done me a lot of good and I am keen to show my improved bowling form in England," he said.
Tanvir was not selected for the Pakistan team that has gone to play in the ICC Champions Trophy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days