Taufel, Gould to umpire Indo-Pak semifinal
Mohali: Australian Simon Taufel, a winner of five consecutive ICC Umpire of the Year awards, and England`s Ian Gould were today appointed as the on-field officials for the high-voltage India-Pakistan World Cup semifinal here on Wednesday.
Sri Lanka`s Ranjan Madugalle has been named the match referee with New Zealand`s Billy Bowden and Australian Rod Tucker being the third and fourth umpires respectively.
For the first semi-final between Sri Lanka and New Zealand in Colombo, Steve Davis and Aleem Dar will oversee the on-field proceedings with Chris Broad acting as match referee, the ICC said in a statement.
Marais Erasmus (third umpire), Billy Doctrove (fourth umpire) are the other two officials for the Sri Lanka-New Zealand clash.
Appointments for the final will be made later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?