Taufel, Gould to umpire Indo-Pak semifinal
Mohali: Australian Simon Taufel, a winner of five consecutive ICC Umpire of the Year awards, and England`s Ian Gould were today appointed as the on-field officials for the high-voltage India-Pakistan World Cup semifinal here on Wednesday.
Sri Lanka`s Ranjan Madugalle has been named the match referee with New Zealand`s Billy Bowden and Australian Rod Tucker being the third and fourth umpires respectively.
For the first semi-final between Sri Lanka and New Zealand in Colombo, Steve Davis and Aleem Dar will oversee the on-field proceedings with Chris Broad acting as match referee, the ICC said in a statement.
Marais Erasmus (third umpire), Billy Doctrove (fourth umpire) are the other two officials for the Sri Lanka-New Zealand clash.
Appointments for the final will be made later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report