Taufel, Gould to umpire Indo-Pak semifinal
Mohali: Australian Simon Taufel, a winner of five consecutive ICC Umpire of the Year awards, and England`s Ian Gould were today appointed as the on-field officials for the high-voltage India-Pakistan World Cup semifinal here on Wednesday.
Sri Lanka`s Ranjan Madugalle has been named the match referee with New Zealand`s Billy Bowden and Australian Rod Tucker being the third and fourth umpires respectively.
For the first semi-final between Sri Lanka and New Zealand in Colombo, Steve Davis and Aleem Dar will oversee the on-field proceedings with Chris Broad acting as match referee, the ICC said in a statement.
Marais Erasmus (third umpire), Billy Doctrove (fourth umpire) are the other two officials for the Sri Lanka-New Zealand clash.
Appointments for the final will be made later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army kills 35 terrorists in surgical strikes across LoC
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’