Taunting spectators ejected from Pak-SA 2nd Test
Dubai: Two spectators were thrown out of the Dubai cricket stadium on Friday for allegedely taunting Pakistan captain Misbah-ul Haq during the second Test.
The two, later identified as Pakistani expats Siddiq Ameen and Mushtaq Ameen, were escorted out of the ground by security men before the lunch break on the third day after Misbah complained of their behaviour.
A Dubai Sports City spokesman said: "Two individuals were shouting comments in contravention of the ICC Anti-Racism Code, which prohibits the use of language that is offensive, insulting, humiliating, intimidating or vilifying.
"The Pakistan captain followed the correct protocol and brought this to the attention of the umpires who, in turn, alerted the match referee. Venue security was informed and the two individuals were identified and removed from the venue."
Siddiq expressed disappointment over his eviction.
"We only requested Misbah to include Younis Khan in the one-day team," Siddiq told reporters, after Younis was axed from the five-match one-day series against South Africa which follows the two Tests.
"We travelled from Abu Dhabi to watch the match and did not use any abusive language or throw any object at players," said Siddiq.
Pakistan were struggling to save the second Test as they struggled to two for two at lunch after South Africa posted a 517-run total in their first innings, leading Pakistan by 418 runs.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof