Team India get new jersey ahead of Oz series
Mohali: The ‘Men in Blue’ will be seen in an all new different look in the upcoming 2011 ICC World Cup after the new jersey for the team was unveiled in a launching ceremony in Chandigarh on Wednesday.
Batting maestro Sachin Tendulkar, pacer Zaheer Khan, spinners Harbhajan Singh and Pragyan Ojha and openers Gautam Gambhir and Virender Sehwag donned the new light-blue coloured jersey during the ceremony.
Skipper M S Dhoni was not present since he had just arrived in the city on Wednesday after being in South Africa for the Champions League Twenty20.
Though the jersey has been brought in the next year World Cup, the team will be seen featuring their new uniforms from the upcoming ODI series against Australia.
The BCCI’s apparel sponsors Nike said that the new jersey has been designed to keep the body temperature down to comfortable levels.
The World Cup is scheduled to be held in Asia (India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh) and the apparel is manufactured keeping the comfort level of players.
The jersey will not stick to the skin during sweating, Nike claimed.
On this occasion, Zaheer Khan said he was spending a lot of time on his fitness these days and also talked about the importance of having a good sports gear to wear.
India will play a two-Test series against Australia, which will start on October 1. Taking the opportunity as the launching ceremony, Gambhir said he was looking forward to the Test series, describing it as challenging.
Meanwhile, Tendulkar said that he would continue playing as long as he enjoyed his cricket and was under no pressure to retire.
At the center of numerous on-field showdowns with the Australians in the past, Harbhajan Singh joked that all the past confrontations were a reflection of the mutual liking that he and the Aussies had for each other.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Sensex extends losses for 3rd straight session on US rate hike concerns
- China-Pak Economic Corridor will not benefit locals in the region: Defence Expert
- SC to hear Delhi government's challenge of HC verdict in favour of L-G
- BJP calls on Centre, Bihar to join hands to resolve flood-linked crisis
- Karan Johar to reveal 'first phase' of Ranbir Kapoor starrer 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' tomorrow