Team India maintains number two spot in Test rankings
Dubai: India continued to hold its number two spot behind South Africa in the latest ICC Test rankings issued here Monday.
India with 117 points are followed by Australia (111) while leaders South Africa have 131.
Pakistan managed to hold its fifth place after notching up a thrilling six-wickets win over Sri Lanka in the third and final Test in Sharjah today.
The win helped them level the three-match series 1-1.
The 1-1 scoreline meant that Pakistan dropped two ratings points to finish on 100 in fifth place, while Sri Lanka gained two ratings points but remained in sixth place at 90.
England (107) are at the fourth position.
Sri Lanka had entered the final Test, with a 1-0 lead, needing to win it to move ahead of Pakistan into fifth place. Pakistan, on the other hand, needed to either draw or win the Sharjah Test to avoid dropping behind Sri Lanka on the rankings table.
Sri Lanka went into the series ranked sixth with 88 points, while Pakistan had slipped to fifth position at the end of the Ashes series with 102 ratings points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi