Team India maintains number two spot in Test rankings
Dubai: India continued to hold its number two spot behind South Africa in the latest ICC Test rankings issued here Monday.
India with 117 points are followed by Australia (111) while leaders South Africa have 131.
Pakistan managed to hold its fifth place after notching up a thrilling six-wickets win over Sri Lanka in the third and final Test in Sharjah today.
The win helped them level the three-match series 1-1.
The 1-1 scoreline meant that Pakistan dropped two ratings points to finish on 100 in fifth place, while Sri Lanka gained two ratings points but remained in sixth place at 90.
England (107) are at the fourth position.
Sri Lanka had entered the final Test, with a 1-0 lead, needing to win it to move ahead of Pakistan into fifth place. Pakistan, on the other hand, needed to either draw or win the Sharjah Test to avoid dropping behind Sri Lanka on the rankings table.
Sri Lanka went into the series ranked sixth with 88 points, while Pakistan had slipped to fifth position at the end of the Ashes series with 102 ratings points.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'