Team India manager denies reports of a walkout
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Canberra: Rebuffing theories that the Indian outfit had threatened to pull out of the warm-up game against Cricket Australia Chairman’s XI, Team India manager GS Walia on Tuesday said that the reports of a walkout by the visitors were completely baseless.
"The story is completely baseless. There is no truth in it. Rain is part of cricket. You don't leave a venue only because it's raining," said Indian team's media manager G S Walia said on Tuesday.
The manager added that the Australian media was way off the mark when it claimed that the Indians were not keen on playing in the conditions and had threatened to pull out of the warm-up tie.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note