Team India`s No.1 position in ICC rankings at stake against NZ
Dubai: India will have to beat New Zealand in the upcoming ODI series to retain their top spot in the ICC rankings as Australia and England have a chance to topple Mahendra Singh Dhoni`s men from the perch.
Australia are currently ranked second with 114 ratings points, six ratings behind number-one ranked India, while England is ranked third on 111 ratings points.
Australia was last ranked number-one in July 2012, only to be overtaken by England who held the top position till December 2012.
Australia and England`s rise to the top position however, is dependent on how India fare in their five-match series against host New Zealand, which begins on January 19 in Napier.
For both England and Australia to go top, they would not just need wins themselves but also hope that New Zealand gets the better of India.
Meanwhile, Virat Kohli is the highest-ranked Indian in the batsmen`s rankings at the second spot with Shikhar Dhawan being the next best-placed at 10th.
In the bowlers` list, Ravindra Jadeja is the highest-ranked Indian at sixth followed by R Ashwin at the 16th position after going up a rung. Jadeja is also the best among the Indians in the all-rounders` list at the fifth spot.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS