Team more important than individual achievements: Virender Sehwag
Bhubaneswar: India`s dashing opening batsman Virender Sehwag, who is eyeing a return to the national team, feels that team is more important than a player`s personal achievements.
"Victory of the team is always more important than the individual performance of a player," said Sehwag at the inauguration of the two synthetic pitches at a club here.
"I am much happier when I score a 40 or 50 and the team wins than when I score a double century and the team loses," Sehwag said at the Pragati Sporting Club Sunday.
The club is one of India`s oldest cricket clubs. It has produced international players like Shiv Sundar Das and domestic players like Sritam Das, Ranjib Biswal and Satya Ranjan Satpathy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- Rahul Gandhi visits ailing Sushma Swaraj at AIIMS
- Anybody can play Sangeeta Bijlani's role but not Naureen's: Prachi Desai
- Coal scam: Rungtas move HC against conviction, CBI reply sought
- Riteish Deshmukh has a new name for Tiger Shroff
- WATCH: Urvashi Rautela's sizzling dance with Dwayne Bravo at a party!