Ten Uttar Pradesh cricketers under scanner for IPL spot fixing: State police
Lucknow: A senior Uttar Pradesh police official on Tuesday said that at least ten cricketers from the state were under the scanner for being involved in spot fixing during the sixth edition of the Indian Premier League (IPL).
Additional Director General of Police (Law and Order) Arun Kumar said that Suresh Raina, Imtiaz Ahmed and Ankit Singh Rajput of the Chennai Super Kings, Bhuvanesh Kumar, Ali Murtaza and Ekalavya Dwivedi of the Pune Warriors, Rudra Pratap Singh of the Royal Challengers Bangalore, Praveen Kumar and Piyush Chawla of the Kings XI Punjab and one more player are under the scanner of the state investigating agencies.
“We are working independently on the leads provided by our agencies and so far we have successfully busted gangs involved in betting in Varanasi, Meerut, Kanpur and Ghaziabad. It’s true we are continuing our investigations and several people involved in the racket are on our radar,” he said.
“Right now, we can’t share the details of the investigations, and people involved in spot-fixing and betting are likely to be nabbed soon,” he added.
He said that Uttar Pradesh Police would cooperate with their colleagues in Delhi and Mumbai to get to the bottom of the scam if it was deemed necessary.
Former domestic first class players, coaches and local sponsors are also being watched, media quoted a special task force official, as saying.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi