Tendulkar confident of better results in away series
New Delhi: Senior batsman Sachin Tendulkar on Thursday said that Team India are confident of a good show at home against England and Australia but will certainly aim at preparing well when they play away series against these two teams next time.
"We need to look at one factor. When we played against Australia, they were the home team. England also played at home. There is no point in saying that India only plays well at home. Why do we always look at one side of the coin, it should be always fair," the senior batsman said on Thursday.
"I feel that it does not come as an excuse for us to go somewhere and not play well. We need to go abroad and win. It`s as simple as that. We have done it before (winning abroad). Both England and Australia tours were tough for us. We should make every possible effort to perfect our preparation and produce better results," Tendulkar told a leading news channel.
The master batsman also admitted that things didn`t go as per plan in England and Australia.
India lost eight consecutive Test matches against England and Australia last season.
Tendulkar said that Team India always go out there to perform well but sometimes it just does not work.
"Ideally, we want to win each and every match and that is how we want to prepare ourselves. But sometimes, it`s humanly impossible. There are some ups and downs. The best of the teams have rather faced or seen the other side of the coin," he said.
On playing along side his son, Arjun, he said, "I have never thought of it. I used to visit Bandra for his practice sessions. I just stand at non-striker stand. Just to see how he calls for single and twos. Beyond that, I have not thought of playing with him. It may happen at some exhibition match or club-level game.
"Arjun likes to watch cricket. I have not forced him to make cricket his career. He is passionate about the sport," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi