Tendulkar dismisses reports of retirement after 100th ton
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Master Blaster Sachin Tendulkar on Saturday dismissed any speculations regarding his retirement from international cricket post his 100th international ton.
According to Zee News, Tendulkar, in an SMS sent to the channel, plainly stated that for the time being he is not considering such thoughts.
There were reports in the media claiming that Tendulkar will hang up his boots after reaching 100th ton.
Veteran batsman Rahul Dravid had announced his retirement from international cricket on Friday in Chennai post his poor show in Australian tour.
With Dravid’s retirement, speculation was rife whether Tendulkar would be making a similar announcement. He too had a poor run in the recently concluded Australian tour.
Former Indian captain Kapil Dev recently wrote in an article that Tendulkar should have retired from cricket right immediately after India’s World Cup triumph last year.
He later said that it was for Tendulkar to take a call on his future.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands