Tendulkar dismisses reports of retirement after 100th ton
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Master Blaster Sachin Tendulkar on Saturday dismissed any speculations regarding his retirement from international cricket post his 100th international ton.
According to Zee News, Tendulkar, in an SMS sent to the channel, plainly stated that for the time being he is not considering such thoughts.
There were reports in the media claiming that Tendulkar will hang up his boots after reaching 100th ton.
Veteran batsman Rahul Dravid had announced his retirement from international cricket on Friday in Chennai post his poor show in Australian tour.
With Dravid’s retirement, speculation was rife whether Tendulkar would be making a similar announcement. He too had a poor run in the recently concluded Australian tour.
Former Indian captain Kapil Dev recently wrote in an article that Tendulkar should have retired from cricket right immediately after India’s World Cup triumph last year.
He later said that it was for Tendulkar to take a call on his future.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ‘Kaabil’ Hrithik Roshan’s first look out – Here it is
- Champions League: Real Madrid edge past Manchester City to set up all-Madrid final
- AgustaWestland chopper deal: ED to quiz former IAF chief SP Tyagi today
- Sushant Singh Rajput reveals why his ‘Pavitra Rishta’ with Ankita Lokhande ended
- IPL 2016: Shah Rukh Khan thinks his son AbRam could be a mystery fielder – Find out why