Tendulkar, Gavaskar, Hadlee to grace KSCA function on Aug 17
Bangalore: The two legends of Indian cricket Sunil Gavaskar and Sachin Tendulkar will be attending the grand finale of Karnataka State Cricket Association`s Platinum Jubilee Celebrations here at Chinnaswamy Stadium on August 17.
"The gala awards night will see likes of Gavaskar, Tendulkar, Sourav Ganguly, my favorite Kapil Dev, Bishan Singh Bedi and Sir Richard Hadlee, who got his record 374th Test wicket at this very venue," KSCA secretary Javagal Srinath told reporters here.
As a run-up to the gala evening, Srinath said KSCA has planned events for its members, including a weekend Flea Market that promises to indulge people in retail therapy with cricket memorabilia, clothing and other eclectic products.
"It will also give a chance to interact with favorite cricketers," he added.
KSCA has also planned an exclusive club night, celebrating some of the oldest clubs affiliated with it, Srinath said.
Honoring the monumental landmark, KSCA Treasurer Tallam Venkatesh unveiled the official mascot `Doodly` for the 75 years celebrations.
Venkatesh said,"We are making continuous efforts to develop the infrastructure and ensure that it permeates to every corner of Karnataka."
Taking a walk down memory lane, former India wicketkeeper Syed Kirmani recalled his fond memories associated with KSCA.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi to flag-off Mizoram’s first broad-gauge passenger train from Bairabi to Silchar today
- Bodos, ex-militants hail Modi govt for giving ST status to Bodo-Kacharis in Assam's hill districts
- South Korean navy fires warning shots after North incursion
- Trump lays claim to Republican presidential nomination
- Rights activist Trupti Desai alleges attack by goons in Nashik, hospitalised