Tendulkar in, injured Zaheer out for Mumbai`s semi-final tie
Mumbai: Senior batsman Sachin Tendulkar will boost the Mumbai batting line up in their Ranji Trophy quarter-final game against Baroda here from January 6 but the 39-time champions will miss pace spearhead Zaheer Khan due to his calf injury.
Tendulkar had recently retired from the one-day internationals and is thus available for Mumbai`s remaining Ranji campaign, but Zaheer is out with a calf injury sustained during the team`s last league game against Gujarat at the D Y Patil Stadium in Navi Mumbai.
"Zaheer has sustained a calf injury and is currently in rehab mode at the National Cricket Academy in Bangalore," said Mumbai Cricket Association`s joint secretary and selection meeting convenor Nitin Dalal.
The team, selected here today for the knock out game scheduled at the Wankhede Stadium, will be led by Ajit Agarkar, who is fit after missing the tie against Gujarat due to an injury.
Mumbai will also miss the services of key batsmen Ajinkya Rahane and Rohit Sharma who are members of the Indian ODI squad now playing against Pakistan.
The Mumbai squad: Ajit Agarkar (Captain), Sachin Tendulkar, Wasim Jaffer, Suryakumar Yadav,
Dhaval Kulkarni, Kaustubh Pawar, Abhishek Nayar, Hiken Shah, Aditya Tare, Ankit Chavan,
Nikhil Patil (Jr.), Javed Khan, Shoaib Shaikh, Shardul Thakur and Vishal Dabholkar.
Coach: Sulakshan Kulkarni.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Team India, South Africa arrive for second T20 match
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani