Tendulkar is fit for all IPL games, not aware of injury: Robin
Mumbai: Mumbai Indians coach Robin Singh on Thursday said he was unaware of any injury to Sachin Tendulkar and confirmed the skipper`s participation in all the remaining IPL games.
A media report had said that Tendulkar would soon head to Germany for the treatment of a shoulder injury.
"He (Sachin) is fit for all the games," Singh told reporters here ahead of the team`s clash against Rajasthan Royals at the Wankhede stadium on Friday.
Asked about the injury, Singh said, "I really have no clue. I`m only focusing on IPL now. I really don`t know what has happened."
Singh said the match against the Jaipur-based franchisee was crucial for Mumbai Indians, which has suffered two consecutive defeats.
"We didn`t play well. We didn`t bat well. We played way below our potential. We are quite aware of that. It`s quite an important game for us and we need to win it," he said.
"Any loss will hurt. Especially a game that you expect to win comfortably. So we sat back, we just wanted to reflect on what went wrong and wanted to better that," he added.
Thursday`s match will be last for leg-spin legend Shane Warne in the IPL and it will be last time that Warne and Tendulkar would be up against each other but Singh said they can afford to get distracted by those things.
"We are focussed on what we want to do. It`s important to play the way we want to. We know its Shane Warne`s last game but it does not affect us," he added.
Asked whether the team was struggling to cope up with slow turners, he said it was a problem for everyone and not Mumbai in particular.
"It`s a problem for everyone. Even in Chennai the wickets are very slow. No team has got a huge score unless the wicket has been very good. It`s a question of adapting. Every team has to face that. The more you go into the tournament. The more you go into the season the wickets are going to get slower. We are preparing for that," he added.
Singh also denied that his team was bad-chasers. "No we just batted badly. It was an easy score to get (against Deccan Chargers) but the batters didn`t do the job. Overall we had a good game."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?