Tendulkar, Lara standout players of modern era: Shastri
New Delhi: Former India captain Ravi Shastri has said while Vivian Richards was best batsman of his era, Sachin Tendulkar and Brian Lara have been the two most extraordinary players in the modern generation.
"Viv Richards was the best batsman in my era by a long way. In modern era, Tendulkar and Lara have been the two standout players," said Shastri.
Having had the experience of sharing the dressing room with both Sunil Gavaskar and Tendulkar, Shastri said while the former was technically more sound, the latter showed ability to comfortably adapt in any format.
"Gavaskar and (Rahul) Dravid have been the best technicians. Tendulkar has been the best all-round batsman who has adapted to all formats of the game," Shastri, who will turn 50 tomorrow, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Half of states expected to ratify GST by early September
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060