Tendulkar, Lara standout players of modern era: Shastri
New Delhi: Former India captain Ravi Shastri has said while Vivian Richards was best batsman of his era, Sachin Tendulkar and Brian Lara have been the two most extraordinary players in the modern generation.
"Viv Richards was the best batsman in my era by a long way. In modern era, Tendulkar and Lara have been the two standout players," said Shastri.
Having had the experience of sharing the dressing room with both Sunil Gavaskar and Tendulkar, Shastri said while the former was technically more sound, the latter showed ability to comfortably adapt in any format.
"Gavaskar and (Rahul) Dravid have been the best technicians. Tendulkar has been the best all-round batsman who has adapted to all formats of the game," Shastri, who will turn 50 tomorrow, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption