Tendulkar, Lara standout players of modern era: Shastri
New Delhi: Former India captain Ravi Shastri has said while Vivian Richards was best batsman of his era, Sachin Tendulkar and Brian Lara have been the two most extraordinary players in the modern generation.
"Viv Richards was the best batsman in my era by a long way. In modern era, Tendulkar and Lara have been the two standout players," said Shastri.
Having had the experience of sharing the dressing room with both Sunil Gavaskar and Tendulkar, Shastri said while the former was technically more sound, the latter showed ability to comfortably adapt in any format.
"Gavaskar and (Rahul) Dravid have been the best technicians. Tendulkar has been the best all-round batsman who has adapted to all formats of the game," Shastri, who will turn 50 tomorrow, said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Karnataka: Baby with four legs, two male sex organs born in Raichur