Tendulkar`s absence won`t affect Mumbai much: Robin
Chennai: The availability of Mumbai Indians captain Sachin Tendulkar for the Champions League Twenty20 is uncertain due to his toe injury but coach Robin Singh on Saturday insisted that the veteran batsman`s absence would not hurt the team much.
Robin refused to say whether Tendulkar, whose injury flared up during the just-concluded disastrous tour of England, would play in the Champions League starting with the qualifiers from September 19.
"Harbhajan is definitely available but if Sachin is not available, it will not affect the team greatly and it will be an opportunity for others to prove their mettle," Robin told reporters here.
Asked about the team`s preparedness, Robin said, "The same set of qualities that we have displayed during our earlier matches in the IPL will count."
"We are fairly well-prepared. We had a camp in Bangalore before reaching here. The Bangalore camp was very beneficial and the players were able to gel together," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?