Tendulkar spends time with members of blind foundation
Bangalore: Just after a gruelling training session with his India team-mates, senior batsman Sachin Tendulkar today spent time with members of a city-based blind foundation which requested him to play a charity match for it.
Soon after the end of the second day`s training camp of the Indian team at Chinnaswamy Stadium, members of IDL Foundation and IDL Blind Band led by its founder and executive trustee P K Paul met Tendulkar and captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni.
Tendulkar and Dhoni spent some time with the blind members of the foundation and gave autographs.
During the meeting, Paul requested Tendulkar to play a farewell charity match for IDL Foundation.
"The world`s best batsman should have got a fitting farewell which he missed after his abrupt decision to retire. We therefore requested him to either play his last comeback one-day game or participate in a farewell game for his foundation and fans," he said.
Tendulkar said he would think about it seriously and take a decision in this regard.
Tendulkar has had a long association with IDL Foundation since its inception in 2003.
On January 10, the IDL Blind Band conducted a 12-hour marathon music show in the city as a tribute to Tendulkar. "We are planning to attempt a 24-hour feat on April 24, which happens to be the birthday of the late actor Rajkumar as well as Tendulkar," Paul said.
The Indian team was having a three-day training camp ahead of the four-match Test series against Australia starting in Chennai on February 22. The team will end their training tomorrow.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part III
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part IV
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part V
- Galaxy of leaders to attend Mamata Banerjee's swearing-in; 18 new faces to become ministers
- Jose Mourinho signs Manchester United contract: Reports
- Narendra Modi government is anti-farmer, says Swaraj Abhiyan convener Yogendra Yadav
- PM Narendra Modi to flag off trains to Mizoram, Manipur including Kamakhya-Vaishno Devi Katra weekly train
- EU faces `difficult` talks on Russia sanctions: Germany