Tendulkar wishes countrymen; reminisces about his 1st century
Bangalore: Senior Indian batsman Sachin Tendulkar today wished millions of his countrymen on 65th Independence Day celebration and reminisced scoring his first Test century on the same ocassion in 1990.
"Happy Independence Day (to all countrymen). It is 65th anniversary. It is a wonderful occasion and hope we keep progressing," Tendulkar told reporters after a net session at National Cricket Academy (NCA) here.
Tendulkar also recalled his match-saving first Test century (119) against England at Old Traford on August 14 1990. "It is a co-incident. What can I do? Wonderful memories," he quipped.
Tendulkar, sporting a new hairstyle, began preparations for the upcoming New Zealand Test series at a fast-paced practice pitch at NCA, soon after flying in here from Mumbai.
He first asked India pace spearhead Zaheer Khan, who has been training here for the last few days, to bowl at him, which he and other young fast bowlers did. He took a 10 minute break after 45 minute practice and then went back to the nets.
The first Test will begin in Hyderabad on August 23 and the second and final match at Bangalore from August 31.
The two teams will also play two Twenty20 matches after the Test series. The first T20 is slated for Sept 8 in Visakhapatnam, while the second will be played in Chennai on September 11.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!