Tendulkar’s 200th Test: MCA plans VVIP enclosure inside media box
Mumbai: In a clear mockery of the sanctity of the press box, Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA) has decided to accommodate VVIPs inside enclosure reserved for the scribes at the Wankhede Stadium during next week`s farewell 200th Test of senior player Sachin Tendulkar.
"The extreme left side of the press box will be reserved for VVIPs to seat 28 persons. They will have a separate entrance from the side of the enclosure as was the case during last season`s IPL," MCA sources said today ahead of the November 14-18 second and final Test between India and the West Indies here.
During the IPL, some seats inside the air-conditioned enclosure were utilised by some top officials of Mumbai Indians, the home franchise.
Though there is a huge demand for tickets to witness the Swan Song of Tendulkar, only 5,000 tickets are available to the public to be purchased online from November 11.
"There would be around 5,000 tickets (available to the public other than the committed quota for MCA`s clubs and gymkhanas) which can be purchased online only from Monday," said MCA`s treasurer Vinod Deshpande. The stadium houses 60 corporate boxes.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack