Thakur says BCCI meet soon to discuss spot-fixing crisis
New Delhi: BCCI Joint Secretary Anurag Thakur on Friday said that under-fire President N Srinivasan could soon convene a meeting of the Board to discuss the fallout of the IPL spot-fixing scam that has created a credibility-crisis in Indian cricket.
"I have spoken to the President and the Secretary (Sanjay Jagdale) and requested both to call a meeting where every member should get a chance to present his views and discuss the punishment for those guilty," Thakur told reporters here.
"A meeting has to be called by the President and Secretary. It`s a not a numbers game. Very soon, the BCCI Secretary and the President will call a meeting, we have to wait," he said.
"If they decide to have a meeting then I don`t think there should be any problem in going ahead with it," he added.
Srinivasan is drawing flak from all quarters for not stepping down even as his son-in-law and Chennai Super Kings Team Principal Gurunath Meiyappan remains behind bars for alleged involvement in betting.
Asked if Srinivasan should quit, Thakur was evasive.
"Everybody wants a fair probe and that is why we have two retired judges and the BCCI secretary probing the matter. When two judges are there, you can be assured that the inquiry would be fair," he said.
Thakur, however, admitted that Indian cricket`s image has taken a massive beating.
"No doubt cricket is shaken because it is a question of the faith of crores," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- TERI panel finds RK Pachauri guilty in sexual harassment case
- Rajasthan: High Court raps Chief Secy, DGP for failing to end Gujjar agitation
- Erstwhile Mysuru kingdom gets new king
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Pakistan break Team India's long-standing ODI record at home soil
- Gujjar agitation: Centre sending additional forces to vacate rail tracks, say sources
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Islamic State attracts young recruits with free honeymoon, stipend for family
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015
- Former Bihar CM Jitan Ram Manjhi meets PM Modi, triggers tie-up speculation
- Gujarat Board Results 2015: Gujarat Board HSC class 12th science results to be declared today at 9 AM on gseb.org
- WBCHSE (wbchse.nic.in & wbresults.nic.in): West Bengal Class 12th Result to be declared on May 29
- CBSE (cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in) Class 10th (X Board) Result 2015 declared