Tharanga to replace Dilshan for Windies tri-series
Bridgetown (Barbados): Sri Lankan selectors have called up Upul Tharanga to replace the injured Tillakaratne Dilshan for the tri-Series, involving West Indies and India, starting in Jamaica.
Scans after Thursday’s Champions Trophy semi-final against India showed Dilshan had suffered a calf muscle tear and will be in recovery for up to six weeks.
Tharanga has been out of the national team since earlier this year but played first class cricket where he averaged more than 60 in 14 innings.
Also missing from the touring Sri Lanka team is Thisara Perera who has been replaced by spinner Ajantha Mendis.
Sri Lanka play the West Indies in the opening match at Sabina Park on June 28 and India on July 2 at the same venue before the series shifts to Trinidad.
Sri Lanka squad: Angelo Mathews (captain), Kusal Perera, Upul Tharanga, Kumar Sangakkara, Mahela Jayawardene, Dinesh Chandimal, Lahiru Thirimanne, Jeevan Mendis, Lasith Malinga, Shaminda Eranga, Nuwan Kulasekara, Dilhara Lokuhettige, Rangana Herath, Sachithra Senanayake, Ajantha Mendis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt