Tharanga to replace Dilshan for Windies tri-series
Bridgetown (Barbados): Sri Lankan selectors have called up Upul Tharanga to replace the injured Tillakaratne Dilshan for the tri-Series, involving West Indies and India, starting in Jamaica.
Scans after Thursday’s Champions Trophy semi-final against India showed Dilshan had suffered a calf muscle tear and will be in recovery for up to six weeks.
Tharanga has been out of the national team since earlier this year but played first class cricket where he averaged more than 60 in 14 innings.
Also missing from the touring Sri Lanka team is Thisara Perera who has been replaced by spinner Ajantha Mendis.
Sri Lanka play the West Indies in the opening match at Sabina Park on June 28 and India on July 2 at the same venue before the series shifts to Trinidad.
Sri Lanka squad: Angelo Mathews (captain), Kusal Perera, Upul Tharanga, Kumar Sangakkara, Mahela Jayawardene, Dinesh Chandimal, Lahiru Thirimanne, Jeevan Mendis, Lasith Malinga, Shaminda Eranga, Nuwan Kulasekara, Dilhara Lokuhettige, Rangana Herath, Sachithra Senanayake, Ajantha Mendis.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!