Tharoor feels sad over arrest of Sreesanth
Thiruvananthapuram: Union Minister of State Shashi Tharoor today said he was sad over the arrest of cricketer Sreesanth but cautioned that ‘none should rush to conclusions until the charges against him are proved’.
‘I am sad over the arrest. He is a good cricketer and pride of Kerala,’ Tharoor, Union Minister of State for Human Resources Development, told reporters when his comments were sought on the development.
‘We cannot say he has committed any wrong until the court processes are over. He will remain innocent until proven guilty,’ Tharoor, an ardent cricket fan and MP from Kerala capital said.
Indian speedster S Sreesanth and two of his Rajasthan Royals teammates -- Ajit Chadila and Ankeet Chavan --have been arrested on charges of spot-fixing, throwing the cash-rich Indian Premier League into its biggest crisis till date.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert