Tharoor feels sad over arrest of Sreesanth
Thiruvananthapuram: Union Minister of State Shashi Tharoor today said he was sad over the arrest of cricketer Sreesanth but cautioned that ‘none should rush to conclusions until the charges against him are proved’.
‘I am sad over the arrest. He is a good cricketer and pride of Kerala,’ Tharoor, Union Minister of State for Human Resources Development, told reporters when his comments were sought on the development.
‘We cannot say he has committed any wrong until the court processes are over. He will remain innocent until proven guilty,’ Tharoor, an ardent cricket fan and MP from Kerala capital said.
Indian speedster S Sreesanth and two of his Rajasthan Royals teammates -- Ajit Chadila and Ankeet Chavan --have been arrested on charges of spot-fixing, throwing the cash-rich Indian Premier League into its biggest crisis till date.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- In awe of the Master! WATCH how Sakshi Malik requested Sachin Tendulkar to take a selfie with her brother
- Coal imports in July dip 11% to 18 MT
- Sania Mirza overcomes Rio failure; lifts the Connecticut Open trophy to gear up for US Open
- MASSIVE! Salman Khan's 'Sultan' celebrates 50 days in theatres – Details inside
- Vishal Dadlani apologises, quits politics after controversial Jain monk tweet