Tharoor feels sad over arrest of Sreesanth
Thiruvananthapuram: Union Minister of State Shashi Tharoor today said he was sad over the arrest of cricketer Sreesanth but cautioned that ‘none should rush to conclusions until the charges against him are proved’.
‘I am sad over the arrest. He is a good cricketer and pride of Kerala,’ Tharoor, Union Minister of State for Human Resources Development, told reporters when his comments were sought on the development.
‘We cannot say he has committed any wrong until the court processes are over. He will remain innocent until proven guilty,’ Tharoor, an ardent cricket fan and MP from Kerala capital said.
Indian speedster S Sreesanth and two of his Rajasthan Royals teammates -- Ajit Chadila and Ankeet Chavan --have been arrested on charges of spot-fixing, throwing the cash-rich Indian Premier League into its biggest crisis till date.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- DNA: Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K's Hiranagar; Seven Pak Rangers killed
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption