New Delhi: Stuart Broad created havoc on the first Day of the 4th Ashes Test by running through the Australian batting line up. England bundled the visitors out for mere 60 in their first innings, with the help of Broad's 8-wicket haul.
Here are five interesting facts you should know from Day 1 of the Trent Bridge Test.
- Australia's total of 60 is their lowest score in Ashes cricket since 1936.
- 25 number of balls in which Australia lost their first 5 wickets, the fewest balls in which any team has lost 5 wickets (since 2003).
- 75 number of years since Australia last lost their first 5 wickets for less than 21 runs in an Ashes Test. They were 21/5 today
- 3 number of times since 2003 that two or more wickets have fallen in the first over of a Test match.
- Stuart Broad has the third-best Ashes bowling figures in history - behind Jim Laker's 10-53 and 9-37 in 1956.